Sunday, December 27, 2009

Android's Little Brain

I don't know if it's a restriction of the OS or hardware manufacturers just are building enough in, but Android phones have a very small amount of memory.  I have the HTC Hero(Sprint CDMA) and I am almost out of room for apps on my phone.  Not cool.  This is where Apple and the iPhone just kills the Android platform.  I'm showing available internal memory of 159MB (I have 142 used).  iPhones are in GBs!!!  Come on everyone get on the ball.

I have two choices if I want some new apps.  One delete some of the lesser used ones and reinstall them when I want to use them or install a custom ROM.  I already have my phone rooted  so I can use the wifi tether and screen capture.  If I do decide to go with a custom ROM I may wait until there is a stable 2.1 ROM available. I want some of the features that are included in 2.1 and I don't want to have to do it twice.  Honestly I shouldn't have to do it at all if the phone manufacturers would build a phone with some decent memory in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment